My husband was laid off from his job 3 weeks ago. That has been a devastating blow to the both of us. So far, we are ok. He got a decent severance package when they let him go. Unemployment won't start for another 2 weeks and what he gets is not much BUT it will be enough to pay the mortgage and the utilities. We won't lose our house or heat this winter. I'm not sure exactly how the other bills are going to get paid but we'll get through this. As my middle son told us the day his dad lost his job "Our family is like cockroaches, no matter what happens we will survive it."
Monday, September 7, 2009
I am still sad
I don't know why, all of a sudden, my life has become full of change. Everything has changed, nothing in my life is the same. No. That's not true, a few things have stayed the same. I live in the same house, drive the same car, am still married to the man I have loved for 22 years. My sons still love me, my sister and my Mom are still by my side, loving and supporting and putting up with me despite all of my failings,faults and moments of insanity. And I have found a few gems of friends who have also been unwavering in their friendship for me. No matter how bad things got, they have been there, picking me up, brushing me off and kicking my butt back onto the right path again. I love them for it. I know I don't show it well or often enough, but I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment