Spring is coming!
We had a flock of Robins in the tree yesterday.
Sunday evening, at dusk, I heard a Red-Wing Blackbird just trilling his sweet little heart out.
Today I start a training routine that will (hopefully) have me running 5K in 9 weeks. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it! The program is called "Couch to 5K", pretty accurate description. I've spent that last couple of months on the couch and it's time for me to get butt off sofa and back into gear.
Yesterday was the 4th anniversary of my MotherInLaw's death. I spent some time yesterday, looking back, reliving that day and the following months. Her death really triggered alot of changes in me, in my life, my family's lives. I had a spiritual awakening type moment and I was bound and determined to live my life differently. For awhile, I did. One of the things I did that year was start running. It really helped me deal with the stress and grief of losing her. A great side benefit was that I lost about 30 pounds over that summer. That was 4 years ago. I've since gained back all of that 30 pounds PLUS another 8. I don't like what the math looks like if I keep adding 10 pounds each year from now until I hit my 40th birthday in 2 years.
New Years resolutions are always so hard to keep, especially the ones about health, weight and exercise. Who can start an exercise program in the deep,dark, dead of winter? I can't. I like the idea of making Springtime/Easter resolutions. The sun,the birds, nature waking up and coming back to life after a long winters slumber, NOW seems like the perfect time to call a "do-over" and give myself a fresh start.
1 comment:
Juat saying hello Carol, hope alls Well : )
Peaceful week : ) Wendy
Post a Comment