We were able to go outside to get pictures of it, the hawk was very patient with us. It even allowed oldest son to creep within about 20 feet of it before finally flying off.

We first thought it was a Red Tailed hawk, but as the kids got closer up to it, it became very apparent that it was NOT a Red Tail. I agreed as soon as I saw the pictures of it. So, via the wonders of Google, we soon discovered that it was a Sharp Shinned Hawk, most likely a juvenile.
I've lived here all my life and have never before heard of that type of hawk livng around here. I've probably seen them before though and just assumed it was a Red Tail.
I love being home, I love homeschooling my kids. We learn something new together almost every day and today I learned it standing outside in my backyard, freezing, barefoot, in my robe, with a wet head. I'd just gotten out of the shower!
4 comments:
Oh wow! This is the stuff that gets me so excited too : ) Yesterday i saw a seal in the waters out here and just couldnt stop smiling about it, lol.
Hawks are so amazing, and what a great icture there too...
Peaceful day my friend : ) Wendy
That was a cool picture! And thank you I am glad to be feeling better!
Ahhh life. :)
Great pic :)
Hey, girl! It was a nice surprise to see you at church this morning. I hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment