Monday, November 19, 2007

the modified restatement of the exposition following the development section in a sonata-form movement

One more day left of baby-sitting. After tomorrow, I am no longer doing day-care for my neighbors toddler. It was not an easy decision to make as the kids and I really do love that little guy. Maybe some people can do it, but trying to take care of a toddler, home school my own 3 teenagers and run my household was just too much of a task for me to take on.

Today is Hubby's 41st birthday. We're going out to dinner together at Panera after we drop Andy off at his job. He worked yesterday for the first time. He did 4 hours running a cash register. He had 45 minutes of "training". They are lucky that he is a sharp kid and really good with computers. He seemed to enjoy and said that he really enjoyed talking to the other cashiers as well as the customers. He liked talking to the older people most, he said. He's a good kid and a hard worker, I'm sure he'll do just fine. He's out on the sales floor tonight until 11! YIKES!!

I started reading "How Should We Then Live? The Rise and Decline of Western Thought and Culture" written by Francis Schaeffer. I was able to read the first chapter before the baby woke up this morning. I thought it was excellent! Very readable, that's important to me these days as I seem to have developed the attention span of a flea!

The 1st chapter talked about ones worldview, what it is, why its important. Ya know, we all have our own worldview, sad thing is, I've never consciously examined mine. Never really THOUGHT about it, what I believe and WHY I believe it. Put that one down on the to-do list! As well as learn more about world history, Greek history, the Roman empire and why its important to know about such things. Did they teach us this in high school? Probably.

We went and saw Midsummer Night Dream this weekend. It was pretty good for a high school production. We read 2 of Shakespeare's plays for school this year. I've proposed to our co-op that we do some reading out loud at one of our meetings. Maybe even act some of it out. I've always loved the sound and rhythm of Shakespeare and I can't wait to have the chance to speak some of it out loud myself. I was sitting watching the play, bemoaning to myself why on earth didn't I get involved in drama when I was in school? Ah well, youth is wasted on the young.

No comments: