Friday, November 16, 2007

102

Since my sister complained that I've been alittle slacky in the posting department of late, I'll try fill her in on what we've been up to around here lately.

Andy had orientation Thursday night at Tar-jay. He is looking forward to starting his new job. They have him on a cash register on the day after Thanksgiving. Early. He has to be there before the doors open. Jon and Eric are planning on taking him and since they will already be up and at the store before the doors open, they figured they might as well stay and do some shopping. I wasn't going to go along. Early Bird Shopping the day after Thanksgiving is just not my cup of tea, thank you. But my mother made a snide remark about my inability to get out of bed early to Andy on the phone last night and I overheard her. She didn't know I could hear. No, I wasn't listening in, I was sitting right next to my son on the sofa while he was talking to his grandmother. Our phone volume is always set to loud so my deaf husband can hear on it. So, I heard her. She thought it was funny, I told her she was being rude. Now I may have to get up and go just to prove her wrong. I dunno, I'm almost 40. If my mother hasn't accepted the way I am by now and has to make snarky comments to my son about me, that really isn't my problem is it? I'm really starting to get to be do old to give a damn about what my mother thinks of me, aren't I?

Alex went over to a friends house this morning and did some work on their computer for them. The gal wanted to pay him but neither of us would let her. He even told me afterwards "Mom, if I'd have actually DONE something, I'd have taken the money." He just had to click a few buttons and it took all of about 20 minutes.

Eric. Eric was really productive today. He got alot done around the house. Laundry, schoolwork, helped me fix supper. I asked him what was up, cause usually trying to get him to do anything around the house is like pulling teeth. He just shrugged and said "It needed to be done."

Sometimes when our dog Chrissy is sleeping on the sofa, she acts like she is sucking on something. I was sitting next to her today and she started doing it. Its funny to see and hear. I have no idea what she is dreaming about! The other dog, Tootsie, dreams sometimes too but you can tell she is dreaming about walking or running by the way her paws start moving. I often wonder what goes on in those little doggy brains of theirs.

Jon's out of town wrestling match got canceled for tomorrow, so he'll be home rather than gone Saturday and Sunday. He loses the $$ he'd have earned, but it will be nice to have him home this weekend. His birthday is on Monday. I think he and I will go out for dinner, sans children.


Boys and I are enjoying their school studies of early church history. We went to that art through the ages presentation last weekend and I am still mulling it over in my head. In fact, I got several books at the library on both art history and world history that I hope to get started reading this weekend.

We're going to see Shakespeare's Mid-Summers Night Dream Saturday evening. Its just the local high school's production of it. I've not been inside the school probably since I graduated, *ahem* 19 years ago. It will be interesting to see how or if much has changed.

We're all just spending tonight at home together. All the men are going to watch SpiderMan 3 here in a few minutes and I'm going to either read or finish cleaning out the spare bedroom closet.

1 comment:

Heather said...

now...don't go shopping that early in the morning just to spite your mother :) Come out with me and the girls just to spite the hubbies :)