However,
nothing doesn't feel right. I suppose its just culturally ingrained in me, the need to do SOMETHING this time of year. I've been poking around a bit online, reading about how this time of year was celebrated in different times,by different peoples, different cultures before it was overlaid by THE CHURCH and ,later,The Cult of Shopping.
I read something somewhere of some people at some time long ago who would remove a wheel from their cart and hang it on their wall and then all hunker down together until the sun came back.
Can you even imagine us doing that today? Removing a tire from our car/s and not going anywhere,not doing anything, having to stay at home and just BE.
Xmas day itself is kind of like that. Even my adult children who are working in retail have the day off (finally) to be here. Now that is my reason to want to celebrate. I just need to figure out the how.
No comments:
Post a Comment