Monday, September 20, 2010
Today, I touched a giraffe.
Actually, it,no she, touched me with her tongue as she was taking a piece of lettuce out of my hand. It was an amazing AMAZING experience to be face to face with a 17 foot tall, 2000 pound, 21 year old giraffe. We went to the zoo today and for a dollar you could feed the giraffes two leaves of romaine lettuce. I think I ended up spending $7. I've always loved giraffes but to be that close to one is almost indescribable. The are SO BIG. BIG. HUGE! I've seen them on tv and live at zoos but I never realized just how BIG they are. 17 feet tall is a loooooong way down or up depending on how you look at it. And their tongues are long and rough like a cat's. I didn't have my camera with me but the kids took pics with their phones. As soon as I can get my hands on them, I will share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment