Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Its a little sparse right now. DH has been unemployed since summer and we finally started receiving his benefits last week. Luckily we had a full freezer and pantry shelves as well as some very generous help from my parents to help us get by these past 7 weeks. Yes, SEVEN weeks w/o any income at all. Not fun but we made it.

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Spaghetti (making a BIG pot of this using all of the left over bits and scraps of meat we've been saving. We'll eat a meal of it fresh and then freeze the rest)

Chicken Lo-Mein

Baked Chicken Thighs,rice, green beans
I *heart* chicken thighs! I can get them on sale for .99 a pound. We like to marinade them all day in teryaki or lemon pepper or garlic herb sauces and then bake. Aldi's had yummy sauce/marinades for .99. Sadly, it was a seasonal item and no longer available. :( Ah well, marinades are easy to make myself and we've also found out that some of the Aldi's salad dressings also work well as a tasty chicken marinade.


*brain-storming to myself *
Left in freezer are 3 big packs of split chicken breasts and 6 pounds of hamburger. Figure out what to do with those. Chili and minestrone soup with the burger. De-bone the chicken for chicken and noodles,stir-fry, casserole of some sort.
*end note to self*



2 comments:

Heather said...

wow...7 weeks??? I am happy that your parents were able to help you ;)

How are you doing? I haven't heard from you in a while (you de-friended me again!!) so I am glad that I can see you here at least ;)

Thanks for coming by and letting me know that you are still here!

<3 you

Anonymous said...

That happened to us a couple years ago. Rough. Very rough.

I love you menu, YUM!

And of course I remember you!

I am sorry you have been having such a bad time of it. If there is anything I can do to help (although prolly there isnt much, since I dont know you in person, but if there is anything) Just let me know! :)

I am glad you are blogging again :)