This DQ was an itty-bitty-bitty little space stuck to the side of an equally small gas station. And the place was PACKED. 4 people in line ahead of us and 3 cars in the drive-through. I made Jon wait in line and order us a banana split (on special for $1.99) to share and I went and sat outside on a bench and watch the cars flow past on the interstate and admired the hills and the trees and the clouds and the sky.
It took forever for Jon to get out with our split. Nobody was in a hurry and neither were we. Refreshed, back on the freeway and into the city. Got our hotel room, its tucked up against the foothills outside the big city. Went out for dinner. Drank waaaayyy to much sweet tea. Holy moly, I do not know what it is about sweet tea and the south. They must have some secret ingredient or maybe its the water or just the southern love but there is NOTHING else anywhere that tastes as good. I may have to go on insulin once I get back home but its worth it.
Spend some time in the hot tub and pool tonight. Ended up talking to a lady who is here at the hotel with her daughter and granddaughter. There is a big hospital just down the road and one of the girls, I wasn't sure if she said her daughter or her grandbaby (5 years old or so) has to be at the hospital early,early in the morning for some sort of heart problem. :(
Half an hour sitting by the pool and we knew her life story and she knew ours. Jon loooooves to talk to people so he fits in really,really well down here. :) This lady (and she reminded us both so much of jons mom) was tickled pink to hear why we were here. Wished us well and told us of some good places to go if we like to go skiing and/or tubing in the winter time. :)
Now I am off to bed, if I can get the old man to turn the damn football game on tv down. Going to the school in the morning and then apartment hunting the rest of the day. Oh and sunrise is at 746am, I'll be out on a rocking chair in front of the hotel watching it come up.

2 comments:
I bet you stopped at Ravenswood DQ, didn't ya? ;)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Yes we did!!!
Post a Comment