Saturday, October 24, 2009

WV or BUST

I think everybody knows but Jon got a job teaching in WV. Its in a little spot just south of Charleston. We're leaving in the morning to spend a few days down there together. Hoping to find him a place to stay and get some work related paperwork done. I'm so excited for him. Its a great opportunity, a great job, a gorgeous area.

The only thing not so exciting is having to live apart for who knows how long. The housing market in our area sucks. Yes, I know it sucks everywhere but it REALLY sucks here. We live in RV CAPITOL OF THE FREE WORLD. Or at least it used to be. :\ Not no more and the job that Jon lost wasn't even in the RV industry. It wasn't even related to the RV industry. It was,however, related to the auto industry and he eventually got the axe.

It's worked out though. It was the needed catalyst for him to finally,finally be able to pursue a teaching career. He's going to be totally in his element, doing what I think he was put on this planet to do, be an amazing positive male influence on kids both as a teacher and via his involvement in high school sports be that via coaching or refereeing.

I'm so torn. I want to be with my husband. I've still got one under-age child left at home though. My nest isn't quite empty yet. It will be soon enough and then Jon and I are looking to spending the 2nd half of our life together in the mountains of WV. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be one hour from me!!!!!!! I think you need to come see me!!!!!

I live in Parkersburg!