Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

I thought I'd open my blog back up and write an update just in case any of my 3 readers were curious about how I'm doing.

Not good.

I think we're a quarter of the way through this first semester, halfway to halfway. My grades are decent, I think I'm pulling high B's, low A's in all of my classes. Pre-Algebra is going (dare,I say it) well. Computer is class is fun. I'm learning ALOT and the teacher is a laid-back,real-world, "we're all adults here",kinda guy. Intro to Law would be SO much better if I was in the actual classroom rather than having to take it via distance learning. I'm probably going to end up transferring to the South Bend campus so I can take my paralegal classes live rather than over two-way television. I'm taking a one credit online class called "Information Studies and Research Skills". I griped about having to take it, but I'm glad I did. Researching for all of this college writing is a totally new thing for me, which leads me into my next subject.

ENGLISH 111

ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!

Its a Composition class. Its all about writing. I like to write, I should do relatively well in the class, yes? Perhaps I was thinking I might even enjoy it, right?
WRONG.
I hate it.
HATE.
HATE
HATE.
HATE.
It.
HATE IT.

Don't get me wrong, I like the teacher. She's an interesting character but she is one TOUGH teacher. She's got high standards and a tough grading scale. I'm used to writing things like blogs and journals NOT college papers and I DON'T like it. Its haaaaaaarrrd.*insert whiny voice here*

I dunno. Maybe if I was fresh out of high school and had that whole educational institution-schooly kinda mind set still, things would be easier. But I'm not and I don't. I'm starting to feel a little bit square-pegged/round-holed.

Hubby has been so amazingly patient with me and encouraging, "You're doing GREAT!" he told me last night.
Maybe so.
But for what? To go to school, get a 8-5 job to fund my suburban lifestyle for the next half of my life and then die? I think I'm having some sort of existential crisis or maybe its just a mid-life one. I asked hubby last night if I could just drop out and stay home and cook and clean for him and spend the rest of my life,here, reading good books. I probably won't do that but I did come home from the library yesterday with Falkner and Proust in my bookbag.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi!! I was wondering what happened to you! Sounds like you have your hands full!! Thanks for the update, we missed you!