Monday, September 8, 2008

Compare and Contrast

Whoa, sorry, I know I haven't been keeping up with the blog. School and all of its resulting homework takes up alot of my time these days. I've been reading and writing alot for class and when I'm done, the last thing I want to do is read and write blogs.

Tonight, DH and I are taking 2 of the 3 boys and driving to Ft Wayne to watch a live show of Monday Night Raw (this is a professional wrestling TV show, for those of you who might not know what RAW is.) Yes, I am a fan of Pro-Wrestling, shameful isn't it? When we moved into our house 4 years ago my mom got us cable as a moving in gift. For whatever reason, my middle boy started watching wrestling and every Monday night the guys would gather snacks and sit in front on the tv. At first, I just rolled my eyes and scoffed at them, "Pro-Wrestling, eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!" But as time went on, I started half-listening to the shows in the background as I sat and read or knitting while the guys watched. At our peak, wrestling was on in our house about 3 or 4 days a week. We ended up taking the cable out for a year and that killed any and all interest in it.

The Olympics rolled around this summer and we reconnected our cable and,of course, Monday Night RAW viewing gets resurrected around here. This time, I"m pretending to scoff and ignore it on TV Monday nights. We find out that theres a live show an hours drive from us and the boys all (well 2 of them, my oldest HATES it) start clambering to go. Dad agrees to take them and I chime in "I want to go too."

So, tonight's the night. We'll have signs so iffen you happen to watch RAW tonight on cable on the USA channel we're making big neon signs to hold up. Look for us! LOL!!

I have the rough draft of my contrast/compare essay due on Friday. I'm thinking the topic of my essay is going to be "RAW vs. Tchaikovsky" and I'll compare/contrast my night at pro wrestling vs. my night at the symphony. So, technically tonight is all in the name of research and furthering my college education. LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha GOOD idea!! Enjoy yourself!!! :)

Heather said...

umm...you were definitely a homeschooling mother to be able to come up with a night at RAW as an educational field trip!
Have lots and lots of fun there!!!