Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dude looks like a lady...

actually its more lady looks like a dude.
(My sincerest apologies to Aerosmith)


Inspired by P.S. He Loves you... on this Fro Thursday and always willing to embarass myself publicly with old photos, I bring you my sophomore year highschool yearbook photo. Can you find me?

Yes, that is I, in the middle,wearing that sweet,sweet mullet. Don't ask what was I thinking, I have no idea. I used to get up early and take a curling brush to the top. The pic must have been taken at the end of the day as it looks like all that poof I'd worked so hard for has fallen abit. Hey, even Rave hairspray can only do so much. Mullet,bangs,poofy top, do it get any better than that?
LOL!
I reeeally wanted to post my freshman pic but couldn't get it scanned it. I reeeally look like a fella in that one. Imagine the above hair cut, shorter minus the mullet-y layer o'goodness in the back AND I was wearing a suit jacket. I must have decided I looked too manly and grew out the back of my hair for that oh-so-feminine look.





15 comments:

j said...

Business up front, Party in the back!

Amazing what we reveal and show about our past selves on Thursdays!!

Jen

Anonymous said...

LOL! I had the same hair cut in Junior High!! WHY OH WHY?! Is all I can say! LOL

Kristen said...

Oh, bless your little mullet heart. That is a just about the best mullet picture ever. Surely there is an award for that out there!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so sorry -- I want to say something encouraging or even witty, but I'm too busy laughing so hard that tears are streaming down my face.

Anyways, at least that hairstyle didn't hide your beautiful face.

Valarie Lea said...

Jennifer took my line :)

I to had this same thing going on in like the 6th or 7th grade. What were we thinking?

littletoesandcheerios said...

Did you steal my yearbook?! I too had that in jr high.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I understand! Really I do!

Funny!

The Source said...

You have the same 'do as my BFF in junior high!

Thanks for the comment. We definitely have a lot in common with the new college students and high schoolers. My hubby's going to school, too. I think I'm the only one not learning these days, unless you count 5th grade math!

Crayl said...

I am wearing the same sweater with white collar combo in my 11th grade photo! I did not have a mullet though...you are brave to share.

Phone Photo Project by Kim said...

You didnt look so bad. That was the style then. I have a yearbook FULL of those styles!

Tabitha said...

Hoo-ee, that is sweet!!!! I wish we could've seen it in all its early-morning glory!!!
Rave hairspray, I had forgotten about that!! My friend used more than even the worst of us. So bad, in fact, that it left a lovely veil of gross gunk on her new vanity...so her mom made her spray her hair in the garage!!!!
Thanks for the memory...

Angela Nazworth said...

LOL! Oh, why did females ever buy into the mullet?

D... said...

You are such a brave woman! This really is a great 'Fro Me to You picture! I love it.

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, that is SOME mullet!

Tammy said...

I completely understand. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I had one the entire 80's decade?!