The days now seem to zoom by rather than drift. I had such big plans for this summer, so many things I wanted to get done, get organized by the end of summer/start of school. Have I accomplished them? Not really. Do I care? Only slightly. My closet is still a mess and my basement is completely unorganized. I do, though, have a lovely tan from sitting outside on the itsy-bitsy little deck my hubby made for our itsy-bitsy little pool. I need to post a picture of it but we can not seem to find the battery charger for our camera. I'd ask the eldest son to take and post a pic for me but it tends to be more trouble than its worth to get him to do anything for anybody right now. Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid but, good grief, have I forgotten just how self-occupied teen-agers can be. (Am I getting that old to have forgotten what its like to be a teen? I must be.)
School starts for all of us in a month. One month from today will be our first full day of classes and I do mean FULL. Our classes start at 8:30am on Friday mornings and the last one ends at 6:15pm. There is an almost 2 hour lunch break and another 1 hour break in the afternoon, so its not like its back to back to back classes. My financial aid all came through fine but apparently there is a snag with Andy's. I'm sure it will get straightened out but this whole process is getting more than a little frustrating as we have dealt with mistake after mistake after mistake. As important as higher education is these days one would think it shouldn't be so stinkin' difficult to get things right.
Did I post about Andy's job yet? I can't remember. Monday of last week he went and applied at a new Petco that is opening soon. They had on the spot interviews and he felt he did well. The gal told him he would hear back from her on Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, no phone call. Maybe they got busy. Thursday came and went, no phone call. Maybe they just have alot to do with setting up a brand new store. Friday, no phone call. We were all disappointed. It would have been THE perfect job for him. We couldn't figure out why he didn't get the job. He felt the interview went fabulously, he has retail experence, he's a smart, nice looking young man, who wouldn't want to hire him, right?
The phone rings promptly at 9am this Wednesday morning. Its Petco!! "Do you still want the job?" they asked.
YES!!
HURRAY!!!!
He goes for training next week. He'll start out as a sales associate with the option of working his way up to "Fish Specialist"!!! It's a perfect match for him,perfect. I laugh now at all the times I hollered at him to "stop messing around with those fish and get your schoolwork done!!!"
Gonna post this now and go get cleaned up. I'm meeting a bloggy friend that I know in real life for coffee this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment