I am happy to report that my fresh ground, fresh brewed cup of 8 O'Clock French Roast Coffee was mighty tasty this morning at 730am. I'm not totally excited at having to stand there all messy-haired and bleary-eyed grinding beans first thing in the morning. I'll try grinding them tonight before bed and hopefully it won't affect the taste all that much.
Apparently, that 8$ bottle of wine I almost bought at wal-mart last night is a pretty good one. I researched it abit last night on my snobby wine board and it got good reviews. I'm torn between saving a buck and buying it at WM or crossing the street and buying it at the liquor store. As far as liquor stores go, this one is really nice. Its big and it has a BIG selection of wines as well as beer (I'm starting to love taste-testing all sorts of micro-brews) and liquor (I've found a gin and vodka that I like, now I'm thinking of exploring the whiskeys abit. Good lord, I'm starting to sound like a complete lush, aren't I? No worries, I'm not. Drinking to the point of stupidity and beyond is no longer on "Carol's Fun Things To Do" list. I have, however, discovered the pleasures of a fine adult beverage partaken every once in a while, especially when paired with really,really good food.)
I'll probably go ahead and cross the street and spend the extra $2 at the local store rather than at hell-mart, err, I mean Wal-Mart. Wine and WM just leave a bad taste in my mouth.
While I'm batting 1000 in the beverage department, I've had a more difficult time lately in finding good reading material. I brought home 5 books last night, 2 of them are by British authors and me and the Brits just don't seem to be getting along much these days. I try to read them but it all turns to gobblety-gook in my head. Jane Austin, JK Rowling and Dr. Who on BBC all seem to mesh well with my neurons, not exactly sure why the others won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment