As usual, chaos reigns in my household this afternoon. The male folk are preparing to leave for a music festival. I am not going with and I am not involving myself in getting them ready to go, hence, the chaos.
They need to get themselves ready, prepare their picnic dinner and gather the blankets and any other necessary equipment they might need. Not hard, no? Shouldn't be, if I was helping them, it wouldn't be but I refuse. I am not going along, they are not babies, nobody has any broken arms,legs or fingers so surely 3 teen-age boys and one 41 year old man can be able to get themselves ready.
*insert snicker and/or roll of eyes here*
They leave in an hour. Once they go and all of the dust settles here, I shall have a perfectly lovely,quiet, civilized evening to myself. I have my own little picnic supper prepared for myself. I may or may not mosey down to the wine shop and purchase a bottle of vino or maybe a single bottle of micro-brew to sample. I'm thinking of going out and doing some shopping somewhere ALONE. I went to the library this morning but did not find any good book to read so maybe I'll pick up a new paperback or magazine to look at. Come home, have my own little picnic in the backyard on a blanket underneath the new beach umbrella we bought a few days ago. I'm sure my doggy-girls will want to join in. Maybe I'll do alittle puttering around the house, its so much easier to organize and tidy things up when everyone is gone.
OH!
I know what I can read this evening, DUH. I'm reading "A Gift From The Sea" with an online book club. I don't think we technically start reading until next week, but I'm sure no one will mind if I get a head start. We'll be doing a chapter a week for the summer and I think I'll post some of my thoughts and musings here as well as with the group. Yes?
So,
shopping
supper
reading
puttering
and I need to finish making a grocery shopping list. I am probably the worlds least creative meal planner but I found a couple of gems online for inspiration, here, I'll share them with you.
Womans Day Month of Menus
Weekly Dinner Planners from Epicurious
2 comments:
have fun!!! I'm sooo jealous!!!
I am actually all alone this evening, myself. It is SO STRANGE! haha
Your evening alone won't be wasted, it sounds lovely.
I think I will check out those websites too. I am totally UNcreative when it comes to meals. But then it doesn't help when my dh is a very uncreative eater! LOL
Post a Comment