We were gone all day yesterday, on our feet walking around at the Kalamzoo Air Zoo. It was a fun trip and a much needed day away and break from our normal routine. My feet hurt like mad today. I'm battling yet another case of Plantar Fasciitis in not just one but BOTH of my feet. UGH.
No more going barefoot around the house, lots of ice,Advil and visiting my massage therapist twice a month will hopefully get things back to normal.
On the way home we stopped at a fireworks store. We've never been inside of one before, it was quite an experence!! We usually buy small fireworks from a tent that gets put up every year in the WM parking lot. This was a BIG warehouse-type building just jam-packed from floor to ceiling with any and every type of firework imaginable.
It was fun, we got lots of fun little things to set off. We just stick to the little items, smoke bombs, fountains, a few small bottle rockets and roman candles. Big fireworks scare me. When I was just a little bitty girl I saw another little bitty girl get hurt by fireworks. We were at a park, waiting for dark for the fireworks to start and a girl got rushed past us, hurt. All I saw was a girl my age, 8 maybe, being carried past with blood pouring off of her face and hands. I think a firecracker exploded in her face. Since then I've not been a big fan of fireworks. I was scared even when we would watch the big professional displays, afraid that the burning embers would fall out of the sky and land on us.
Fate would have it then that I marry a man and have at least one son who like to set off not only fireworks but fireCRACKERS. *shudder* I let them have their manly fun once a year while I go hide in the basement, with my dogs (also scared of fireworks, good girls!) and pray that no one gets hurt.
I was glad, though, to hear my explosive-device loving son tell his dad yesterday "No, Dad. I don't want to get any of those. They scare me."
Somethings are just best left to the professionals and I'm glad to know that my usually dare-devil brave 15 YO knows that.
2 comments:
We Love the Air Zoo we've been there a few times, and Sydney loves it! Sounds like you are having a great summer with your stay-cations and I love that idea we are doing allot of that too!
Happy Fourth Carol!
We have wildfires going on here, so no fireworks this year. It'll still be fun though...and quieter
Happy Fourth : ) Wendy
Post a Comment