Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Content,Content,Content...

or lack thereof.

I know I haven't been blogging much as of late. Not sure the reason why. No real desire or motivation, I guess. Funny, I looked back on my posting from one year ago and at least judging by those, the desire and motivation to write, to express myself, voice my opinion was there. Not sure when or why or how I lost it. Sad, though. I enjoyed reading my old posts and remembering where I was and how things were one short year ago.

I need to get that back. I like looking back and remembering. I like seeing how I saw things and how much, if anything, has changed. I can't do that if I don't post. I think having an audience, no matter how small, is off-putting to me. Even though said audience has never been anything less than supportive and positive to the extreme. Its the critic that resides in my head that silences my fingers each and every time.

I added the little Twitter doo-hicky thingey over there. Thinking that maybe just posting little short blurbys of what I am doing throughout the day might prove a little less daunting yet still give me a nice record of events to look back upon. The fun part of it, is I can send in updates via text messaging.

What is going on here today?
The weather is cool, grey and was sprinkling some raindrops a few minutes ago. I went to Aldi's and got some food. Nothing low-cal, low-fat or anywhere near healthy, but we were pretty low on stuff to eat and this week is not my highest energy week of the month, if you know what I mean, so I figured stocking the cupboards and frig with fast and easy things to munch might be in order. We eat fairly righteously 3 weeks out of the month anyways.

Son#2 got his driving permit last week and I let him drive (outside of our little subdivision) for the first time today. We drove down to the post office via the back county roads to mail out all the Thank You notes my boys wrote out for their graduation gifts. I must say, I was so touched with the shower of generosity that my family and friends rained down upon my boys. I know the economy is tight and everyone is feeling the pinch and having TWO graduates to give gifts to is alot. We all (self, hub,boys included) were moved beyond belief as the kids opened card after card after card FULL of amazingly generous gifts to each of them.

Son#1 is going to take his driving test on Friday. He is chomping at the bit to have his license and be finally able to strike out on his own.

I need to set up my schedule of classes and I am getting cold feet at this whole idea of going back to school. I'm hoping I can take some of the classes online. Boy, that is an introverts dream, taking college classes w/o having to leave the house.

Have I mentioned the fact that we now own a 90 (NINETY) gallon saltwater fish tank? It was given to us about a week ago. Given, as in, free. The only catch was we had to move it. That is a story to tell on another day. It was nuts, but my guys got 'er done and the tank is beautiful. However, it is slowly being taken over by a certain type of anenome. Its kinda been fun to watch the hub and our two fish-loving boys wage war on this pest.

Thats all for now, unless I decide to do some Twittering.
Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you should write! An about page :) Since I forget how old your boys are and if they are your only kids... :)

My blog never has anything good, even my opinions are not free flowing anymore. I don't know why, but I think, like you, the whole audience thing is silencing me...

wendybirde said...

Its funny, when i saw content i thought: contentment.

Maybe ~thats~ the real reason you havent been posting....your contentment : )

Peaceful week my friend , Wendy