Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The new man in my life


His name is Pongo and we rescued him from his little cup o' death from wal-mart.
Contrary to popular belief, betta fish don't thrive in tiny, unfiltered,unheated, dirty cups of water.

I hate shopping at Wal-Mart and I hate it even more that they sell fish. I usually refuse to go down the fish aisle because I just can't stand it.

However, this little fella locked his baby blue eyes with mine and I KNEW I had to bring him home!

4 comments:

Ed Mahony said...

Is that a glass or a big bowl (just trying to work out how big he is ..).

carol said...

He was in a small plastic container. He's small, 2 inches long, minus the fins.

Anonymous said...

If I had to like an indoor pet, I would say a betta would be one I would pick.

I hate the fish aisle, too, but my kids love to go down and beg us for fish every time...

Actually, I don't think we have a fish aisle anymore, come to think of it... hmmmmm....

amy ruth said...

we've had many a Betta in our lives. He's a cutie!