Friday, March 28, 2008

Hair Journey

I had a hair journal over at message board specifically for long-haired people. It crashed and I have no idea when I'll be able to access it again. Fortunately, all my pics were saved on Photobucket. I figured I might as well save them here too, in order, so I can at least see that my hair is actually growing, even though it currently looks like carp and doesn't feel like its grown an inch.

PICTURE #1. TAKEN AROUND LABOR DAY 2007,PRE-CHOP

PICTURE #2 TAKEN ABOUT 1 MONTH POST-CHOP

PICTURE 3. SIDEVIEW ONE MONTH POST-CHOP
PICTURE #4 1 MONTH POST -CHOP, I can just scrape the sides up into a clip.
PICTURE#5. Front-view. One month(ish) post-chop. NOT A HAPPY GIRL.
PICTURE #6 BACKVIEW. 4 MONTHS POST-CHOP. JAN. 2008
PICTURE #7 SIDES PULLED BACK IN A CLIP. 4 MONTHS POST-CHOP. JANUARY 2008
PICTURE#8. A very unhappy me. Sideview. 4 months post-chop. January 2008
Picture #9. 3/28/08. Back-view.1 week shy of 6 months post -chop
Picture#10. 3/28/08 . Side-view. 1 week shy of 6 months post-chop.
Picture #11. 3/28/08 . Sides pulled back in an elastic. 1 week shy of 6 months post-chop.
Picture#12. 3/28/08. It was an exciting day when I discovered I could finally get it all back into a pony stub!!!!
JUST GROW, DARN IT!!!!!

4 comments:

amy ruth said...

Hi (from another formerly long-haired mom),

I stopped by your blog because I am interested in the Catholic Worker Movement too...and I am a mom of teens. I probably wouldn't have commented but Lo and Behold your haircut photos are great! I had just posted a piece & photos about my own radical haircut! Fun! (It's called "Goodbye 2006" in my New Path blog).

Peace,
Amy

Heather said...

awww...I still think you are adorable, no matter what your hair looks like :)
How are you doing? We can't wait until we can finally be outside! I am soooo tired of this crummy weather!!!
Ball season starts this week...kids want to invite you to their games. I'll email you the schedules :)
PAX!

Anonymous said...

I have decided I probably will not get my hair chopped again. Because this last time it seemed to take for ever to grow back. So I am assuming it is partly because I am getting older... and therefore, no more hair chopping for me!

My kids, on the other hand, are fair game! hahaha

wendybirde said...

Long hair is so beautiful. I used to keep it shorter for awhile but grew it out again and never regretted it. Then again my finace is a master at untangling knots when i need a hand there , so that helps : )

Hope all's well my friend, peaceful week : ) Wendy