Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday- Back in the box

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Long before there was Flylady, there were the SlobSisters. They wrote a book on setting up a housekeeping system utilizing a box of index cards. I loved the book, read it to tatters and when I finally did set up my card file, I was able to keep up with the housework.

Life happens. Things change. I stopped using the box. I stumbled across the idea of it last week. I remembered how much I liked using it and how well the system worked for me. I gathered all my supplies over the weekend, sat down and wrote my master lists out and today, I am going to tackle putting it all onto index cards.

Online information on setting up a card file- The Organization Express

The book in which I got the original idea- Get Your Act Together: A 7-Day Get-Organized Program For The Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed


7 comments:

Unknown said...

*looks up organization in her dictionary *

I cant find that word, can I borrow yours? LOL

Very good! I did a SEMI- tackle, but it looks better then it did!

Amy said...

This is funny timing... I used to use the same system, moved to the Flylady notebook, and just last week I was considering going back to the notecards. My idea is to put pictures on them so my 4 year-old can help. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Courtney said...

WTG, good luck getting back into it. I have the best of intentions in following the FLYlady system, but I'm not very good at it. lol Thanks for the compliments on my boys' closet :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can share more details on how the notecard system works!

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks like a great system. with both my husband and i working full time and going to school, things get overlooked and i think it would help keep us in order.

Heather said...

I never read the book, but I do remember my sister getting totally into that system, too, a few years back. She loved it! Hope you got your cards done and you're all on track for getting organized. Sounds pretty inspiring! ;o)

K Quinn said...

Emilie Barnes has the same system in her book Survival for Busy Women. I think it is out of print now.

I work best with the planner style method because I got attached to mine in the work place.

It works so well doesn't it? It's like a part of me. I know that on such a day I should be doing...
Right now I know that 4 weeks have gone by that I have NOT cleaned the kitchen. I truly meant to do it today...maybe next week.

Very inspiring. I'll try and clean it tomorrow. Off schedule but done!

Thanks for dropping by!