While the weather reports last night were calling for up to a foot of snow, I think we ended up with about 6, maybe 8, inches of very light,very dry snow.
I made a very yummy lemon Bundt cake. It down well with the new Blueberry tea I bought the other night. I can not say or thing the word "Bundt Cake" w/o recalling that scence in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "Its a Bundt Cake." "Boooooooooooooondt Cake?" LOL!
My boys spent the day with their noses pressed to the living room window, waiting for the UPS truck to deliver a card game they'd ordered earlier this week. They were so cute, I kept singing "How much is that doggie in the window....." every time I walked past them.
After supper, DH took me out shopping and we bought a brand new set of pots and pans by Wolfgang Puck. Not all that exciting, I know, but to us it was. That is the first set of pans that we have bought in the 20 years we've been married. I think we got a set for our wedding and then when that one fell apart, we inherited my folks old set. I don't know where that set came from, but its lasted forever. We've replaced a piece here and there as they literally fell apart. Our tax refund was deposited today, so we decided to go out tonight and do our part in stimulating the economy.
I also went into Office Max and bought a bunch of index cards. Years ago, I had set up a housekeeping routine based on index cards. I'd had worked really well for me. I'm not having the best of luck keeping up with Flylady, so I thought I'd give the old box of index cards method another try. I'll post pics once I get it all up and running.
2 comments:
Love that blueberry tea!!! Yummy!!
Ooh, new pots. I got a set when I was married 11 years ago and I'm waiting for them to wear out so that I can get new. Unfortuntely for me, they were of a pretty high quality though I don't like that they're sort of textured on the inside at the bottom and it makes them hard to clean. I guess if I didn't overcook things it wouldn't be such a problem...
Post a Comment