Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday

My parents and sister were here for a visit today. We had a good time. However, the water went out at one point while they were here. We have a guy scheduled to come and take a look at our well on Monday afternoon. That's not going to be much help if the pump decides to take a croak on us anytime between now and then. We are hoping that it is just a problem with the motor on the pump and not a problem with the well. We are going to need a new well put in sooner or later, we're hoping that it is later. Our tax return is going to be a healthy one this year and we were hoping to get a few things for the house, but a well wasn't exactly one of them. To make matters even worse, Hubby is gone with wresting today and tomorrow, so if we lose water, its just me and the boys here to deal with it. We've got one bucket filled with water sitting in the bathtub just in case. As long as I'm prepared and have some jugs of water filled ahead of time to flush the potty with, I'll be ok.

Wow, its cold here today, -10 to -20 wind chill temps, high temp. today of 11 and only up to 9 degrees tomorrow. Brrrrrrrr!

My dad's birthday was Thursday and my youngest son turns 15 next week, so I fixed a nice lunch (2 pans of Manicotti, one cheese and spinach in tomato sauce, one chicken and broccoli in a cheese sauce and a big green salad) and we had birthday cake for the birthday boys afterwards. I think the entire lunch cost me about $20 and about an hour in the kitchen to get it all together. My mom wanted to pay me back for it, but I wouldn't have it. I asked her how much it would have cost for us all to go out to Olive Garden and eat, WAY more than $20. I enjoy cooking and I really enjoy cooking for a crowd, be it family or friends. My mom cleaned up the kitchen for me afterwards, so that was more than payment in return. Plus my manicotti's were a big hit, that's best payment of all.

One of my New Years Resolutions was to spend more time in prayer. I've found a few helpful resources on the net-

1. Youtube Video of the Angelus.

2.Pray-as-you-go.org

3. Praystation Portable

The last one if my favorite, it is the morning and evening prayers from the Catholic Liturgy of The Hours. One day, my goal is to have my own Breviary and recite the Divine Office everyday. I have a feeling that goal is going to have to wait a few years, until then, this will have to suffice. I'm really happy to have stumbled upon these online prayers. As much as I love to read, hearing and listening to the readings and prayers has been a Godsend for me these past few weeks.

No comments: