you haven't blogged yet today."
That was the sound my eldest made as I just sat down at the table to tuck into my lunch of a homemade sushi bowl.
"I knoooooow. I've got until Midnight." was my reply. However, since the husband and I are actually going out on a DATE tonight. A date, ALONE, I figured I'd better blog while the iron was hot and the thought of blogging was actually in my head because who knows when it would be again.
So, here I sit, not having the slightest clue what to write about. I think I will write about why I want to write or should it be blog about why I want to blog everyday for the rest of the year? I must admit that it was last line on the 365 badge that did it for me, one lap around the sun. That was an intriguing idea. One of the original ideas why I started this blog was to write about our daily activities, the ins and out, ups and downs of our journey as a family, as homeschoolers, to document my eldest sons last year of homeschooling before graduation. Why I'd even wanted to try that was I had come across a site on the Internet where you could have your blog published as a book. That was my goal, take the time,effort and $$ to eventually have a beautiful, hard-bound, color-printed BOOK of my blog, in my hands as a keepsake, for myself and for my family, both this generation and beyond.
My dad has done some very interesting genealogy on his side of the family. All I can say is that I come from a VERY colorful lot of characters, to say the least! It an interesting family tree and wouldn't it have been amazing if one of my relatives would have kept a journal? I'd have loved it and cherished it and make sure it got passed along the family line. So, who knows?
Plus, its just a challenge to myself, a goal to set and try to reach. I've not been able to write much either online or on paper in a very long time. I've not been doing much reading either. Not sure exactly why that has happened either, writing and reading are who I am, or was anyway. Maybe by writing about this next lap around the sun, I can get back to myself again.
No comments:
Post a Comment