Hubby got home last night around 9pm. He'd worked a full day at his job and then had to go and referee a high school wrestling match. He'd been up since 5 am and had went to bed the night before at almost midnight, so he was EXHAUSTED. Exhausted and he's come down with one heck of a bad cough. He decides he's going to take some of the prescription cough medicine we have that contains Vicodin. He takes it, lays down on the sofa and promptly falls asleep. When I wake him up to put him in his bed, he says to me "Bring me my blood pressure medicine."
Uh-Oh.
I read the label and I don't see any interaction warnings and I'm wracking my brain trying to remember if he's taken both prescriptions before at the same time.
"You're fine." I tell him. "Worst thing that could happen is that you die in your sleep tonight."
He laughs at me and makes a wise-crack about all the life insurance money I'd collect.
Everybody goes to bed for the night and I'm sleeping upstairs in the guest room so I can actually sleep and not listen to him cough and snore.
I wake up this morning with a start, I didn't hear hubby leave for work at 5am. I didn't hear his alarm go off or the front door shut behind him. OH NO! I'm laying in bed with my mind racing, What if he really did DIE of an overdose/drug interaction last night? OMG! The police are going to think I killed him for the insurance money. Will the believe me that I slept upstairs because of his coughing/snoring? Will all my friends and family come to my defense that I love my husband dearly and I can barely eat meat because of all the KILLING that is involved let alone KILL my own sweet husband. OH NO!!!!! My heart is racing at this point and I think to my self, "Ok this is just ridiculous. You're overreacting. Everything is fine, he's fine. Look out the window and his truck will be gone." So, I get out of bed and look..........
THE TRUCK IS IN THE DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!
Its 7:45am, he was supposed to be at work 2 hours ago! OMG OMG OMG, HE'S DEAD IN THE BASEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I leap out of bed and run to the stairs. We have a huge white board on the kitchen wall and I think to myself as I come around the corner,
"Self, you are being ridiculous. He called in sick from work. He left a note on the whiteboard saying so."
I skid around the corner, whiteboard comes into view, its blank. Now I am in FULL FREAKING OUT MODE! Down the basement stairs in 2 bounds, bust through the bedroom door....there he is, his body laying still and motionless in the dark. I jump the 3 feet from the doorway onto the bed, screaming, "HUNNY!!!!HUNNY!!!HUNNY!!!!! WAKEUP! WAKEUP!WAKEUP YOUHAVE TOWAKEUP!!!!!!!!!"
His dead body immediately comes back to life at my touch!
"WHA....WHA.....WHO???WHAT?????? ITS OK, ITS OK!!!!!!! I CALLED IN SICK!"
*Over Active Imagination Unit
1 comment:
ok...now that my heart is in my throat!!! glad to hear that he wasn't dead. I would've come to your defense and all... :)
what a rush you must've felt!!! is that the understatement of the year or what?
Post a Comment