While it is "Black Friday" to all the retailers out there, I awoke this morning (at 4:53am, which I don't even consider morning I think it is more like last night) to a white Friday snow scape. We had a nice little bit of snowfall over night. Not alot, just enough to cover the grass and trees, but it was the very first snowfall of the season and it was lovely. Cold, dark, far,far to early in the morning for me to be conscious, but lovely.
Andy got up and dressed and out the door on time to his job manning a register at Target this morning. Jon and Eric took him to work then went out for breakfast and back to the store to do a little early bird shopping of their own. Eric said it was nuts and a total waste of a morning, however they did get a couple of things that they wanted at a really good price. I guess they waited in line for almost an hour and that was with every.single. check lane open. The lines stretched from the front registers all the way back past the electronics department.
Andy was still smiling when they left the store. I can't wait for him to get home this afternoon and tell me how things went.
Nothing gets me out of bed at that ridiculous time in the morning. Nothing. Least of all shopping. I got my boy up and made sure he had his lunch and sent him out the door with a hug and a kiss, then i went straight back under the covers until hubby and Eric got back, 838am.
I might have been alittle more inclined to stay awake after they left this morning had I gotten more than the 3-4 hours of sleep I got last night. I drank way,way,way too much coffee last night around dinner time and it was late,late,late before my brain finally shut off and I could fall asleep.
Note to self, coffee at dinner is a good thing when one has to stay awake until midnight to go pick up the son from his job at Target, but it is not such a good idea to do when one has to be up at 5am to see him off to his job at Target.
Thanksgiving was so wonderful yesterday. There is such a different feeling when you get to spend the day with people you CHOOSE to be with (good friends) rather than the feeling I have when I am around people (grumpy,grouchy family members) who I HAVE to spend time with.
1 comment:
Amen, sister! Love spending holidays with friends rather than family! How are you doing?
Post a Comment