God bless the time change. I awoke naturally at 545am this morning, wide awake, ready to get up out of bed and start my day.
I really,really,really hate the spring time change. I never had to deal with clock moving and time changing until 2 springs ago when our dear *not* Governor decided that Indiana need to get with the times and go onto Daylight Savings Time. Blah. I hate it. So now we're back on "normal" time, slow time. Muuuuuuch better.
Its been good for me, but its been hard on Baby. His sleep is all messed up and he is soooooooo tired right now, I'm trying to keep him awake as long as he'll let me and see if we can't keep our little daily rhythm going. We shall see.
Oldest son has a job interview tomorrow afternoon at 230 out at Target. He's excited. He could use the job.
We took a trip this weekend and spend the weekend with my parents. It was a pretty good visit. DH and kids got to watch Notre Dame lose to Navy. Sorry, ND fans we are not despite the fact that we live 20 miles or so from the university.
Started a new book this weekend, I can't remember the actual name but its on Prayer and its written by Phillip Yancey. I'm liking it so far. Also borrowed a new one written by Brennan Manning, ahhhhhh what is the name? Something about being foolish and living like Jesus. I've just flipped through that one so far. My life was changed when I read "Ragamuffin Gospel" by Manning but while I've enjoyed reading most of his other books, none have had the deep impact on me that Ragamuffin had and has.
I was a big Rich Mullins fan which eventually led me to Manning which lead me back to Rich Mullins and his music which lead me into wanting to learn more about Quaker-ism and even back to Catholicism.
Still not sure where I'm at as far as the church going. I did attend big evangelical mega-church last week with hubby. It's kinda funny, when I did finally do the big "be a submissive wife" thing and go to church with him out of a sheer act of wanting to be obedient to God, those folks who counseled me to be submissive and honor him as head were still not pleased with my actions.
I dunno folks.
I'm seriously beginning to feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't here.
Not sure where I'm goin' with this (kinda a common theme anymore here these days) so I'll just stop typing now.
1 comment:
just remember...that Jesus didn't like all the rules either. Just look at what he did and said to the Pharisees and they were the "leaders" of the church in His time! :)He wasn't liked very well for going against the norm, either :) God is not in a building...seek Him and you WILL find!
Post a Comment