I didn't rise with my alarm this morning, I didn't get up early. I didn't hit the snooze. I didn't even turn the alarm on when I retired to my bed last night.
I slept in well past 6am and I am sitting here in my winter jammies.
Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I have to rise early for it. Its still early enough for my teens not to be up yet, so the house is still and quiet. The sun has already risen, but its not very high up yet so its sending streams of bright golden new light through the green of the tree in our front year, making big golden dapples of morning-shine dancing on my window. writing that made me think that its really late in the season for our tree to still be almost full green and not have dropped its leaves yet. We haven't had to turn on the furnace yet and usually I've swapped my summer pj's for something more substantial weeks ago. Its been a warmer than usual fall. I can remember trick or treating as a kid and catching snow-flakes on my tongue.
I love fall. I love the colder weather. I love to be warm and cozy and snug inside, drinking hot tea, burning spiced candles, baking bread and other yummies in the oven. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, I love the cycle of the holiday season. Thinking about it now, I love the cycle of the seasons, of the year and of all the little "rituals" we do for each of them. I was thinking about that yesterday, watching my 18 year old interact with the 18 month old, how that to everything there is a season. I'm starting to come to the end of one, maybe several, seasons of my life. Thinking about it this morning while making the coffee, I was almost in tears and not sure why. They weren't sad tears, oh there might be a little bit of sadness there but not much. I decided at a young age to live my life and conduct myself so that I would not have any regrets when I got older and looked back upon it. For the most part, I've done that. I'm getting older now, tired-er, less patient about somethings yet far more patient about others.
Its hard to explain and I'm out of coffee, so I think now is a good time to get off the computer, make another cup of coffee and get started on my day.
1 comment:
"I love fall. I love the colder weather. I love to be warm and cozy and snug inside, drinking hot tea, burning spiced candles, baking bread and other yummies in the oven."
I love all those things too! :)Today I baked Finnish oatmeal cookies, they will be so nice with tea. Tomorrow I plan on making bread. Yum.
Post a Comment