Sunday, October 28, 2007

Boring Post Alert

Not that I need any warnings here. Nobody really reads my blog other than family members and maybe one or two friends. Thats ok with me. I write for myself and my family, nobody else even though comments tend to make my day.

I'd really like to keep up with this blog just with day-to-day sort of things and then have it made into a book that my family can keep. I need to approach my blogging with that sort of mindset, maybe I'd write more.

So today is a beautiful, picture-perfect fall day. Blue sky, white clouds, cool temperatures but not cold, the trees have finally started to turn colors. Halloween is just around the corner and I am trying to decide whether or not I want to pass out candy this year. I'll ask the kids what they want to do, they probably will want to, they like to dress up and answer the door in some sort of costume. I'll buy some Dum-Dums or something else that I can get cheap for the door-to-door kids and then buy something good for my friends who bring their kids buy. Its gotten to be kind of a tradition here that I give my friends little ones full size candy bars. I love to see the looks on their faces when I pull out the big Hershey bars. Does my grumpy heart good.

Eldest son is being an usher this afternoon at a symphony concert held at the college. He wore his suit and tie. He looked so amazingly handsome in it this afternoon. I can't believe I am the mother of an 18 year old.

Went to church with hubby for the first time in 2 months. We had quite the theological discussion on whether or not I should be attending with him. I was honest with him (as I am going to be here now), I went only because he went. I attended with him only because he is my husband and I am honoring him as HoH and I was doing this because the Bible and all my Christian friends who I have talked to for counsel about all of this say I should. It freaked him out. He told me he didn't like me doing that as it puts alot of pressure on him.
Really?
I found that interesting, to say the least.
So we went and it was ok. I prayed ALOT during the service just that I would have a good attitude and an open heart. Like I said, it was ok. I am so not on the same page theologically, but the music and singing is always good and I saw several people there that I've come to love and care about. I was only about half-listening to the sermon but I did take some notes and wrote down some things that I want to go and do my own research about. There were a few things that made me go "Hmmmm. Where is that in the bible." A few verses that were used that when I sat and read the verses that came before and after I kinda wondered if they were really saying what the pastor said they said. And, really, I'm not trying to be argumentative or divisive or anything, I just want to make SURE about something before I take it in as my own belief.

I signed up again for Flylady. Got up this morning and shined my sink. It looked good for all of an hour or two. We went to church and the boys stayed home, it was a disaster when I got back. Ah well, babysteps right?

Dogs are curled up sleeping on the sofa, Hubby and son#3 are watching Sunday afternoon football on tv. Son#2 is downstairs on the internet. I have a Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle burning and I think I will go make myself another cup of tea and take some Tylenol. I tend to get a headache on Sundays, I think its because if I go to church it messes up my eating schedule and that messes with my blood sugar and that causes me to have headaches.

Sausage and Rice Casserole for supper tonight and then watching Extreme Home Makeover. Ty is a hottie. :) Annoying, but a hottie and tonight is supposed to be their "Green" episode so it should be an interesting watch.

I saw an advertisement for EMT classes that begin in January. I am thinking about signing up for them. Not sure yet.

1 comment:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Hi there :) I'm just dropping by for a quick hello - it's nice to meet you! I also write primarily for myself (I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember) and for family and friends. Of course there's the additional bonus of the online community. But sometimes I still write in my paper journal :)