Last night all 3 boys attended a birthday party for one of their favorite friends. Homeschool friendships are kind of interesting if you think about it. All 3 of my teenage boys (18,16,14) were invited to a 13th birthday party. All 3 of them are friends with this boy and his two brothers. We aren't age-segregated at all around here, everybody hangs out with everybody, its pretty cool and definitely a perk of homeschooling. My 3 boys + 3 brothers/friends + 1 other 14 yo boy = 7 boys. The youngest is 10 and my oldest is 18 and they all hung out together to celebrate Nick's turning 13. We bought him a Star Wars light saber and a roll of duct tape! Hubby and I went out for a dinner date while they were at the party and then we went over afterwards and had cake and ice cream and hung out with the parents.
One of the party games they played was a massive "Rock, Paper, Scissors" tournament, complete with brackets and prizes. My guys came home with pirate bubble bath, camo duct tape and silly string.
The Hubs and I went to Panera for supper. It was so nice. I had a bowl of Baked Potato Soup and a half a Chipolte Chicken sandwich. The Hub had Seafood Bisque in a bread bowl and half of a Greek Salad. His was definitely the better food! We decided that we are going to make that a once a month dinner-date for us from now until we've tried everything on the menu. Then, we'll pick another restaurant to go to and do the same.
After we ate we went looking at Elliptical exercise machines. Fitting isn't it? LOL! Both of us are getting fat and we would like to get something to use here at the house as we just aren't gym-goers. I used to love to walk and run but its not as easy to do anymore with the daycare baby here. Plus, its getting coooolder and dark earlier and having some equipment here in the house might make winter time alittle easier to deal with. I dunno. Honestly, we do not have a good track record with exercise equipment.
I started a bible study on Tuesday. So far, its been good. I'll be honest here and say that that was the first time I cracked open my bible in months. It's probably been a good 6 months since I've had any interest at all in reading the bible. Painful to admit, but true.
Tonight we have chamber music practice and football. Tomorrow is co-op classes. We will be having a discussion on the book The Incarnation. Good stuff! Oldest Son is being an usher at our local Symphony's performance on Sunday. I was offered a ticket if I want to tag along. Not sure if I will or not.
We had a big,fat skunk wandering around our yard last week. We think it got lost out during the tornado. Last we saw it, it went under our shed. We haven't seen it since so we are hoping its moved on and hasn't taken up residence under there!


I got 4 hours of sleep last night. Apparently I can not drink even decaf coffee in the evenings.
My house is a wreck.
I need to take a shower and get out of my husbands flannel pj bottoms and grey sweatshirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment