I ordered a pound of oatstraw and a rock of amber essence from mountainroseherbs. The oatstraw is to make infusions with, kinda like a really strong tea. The amber is to make me smell purty!!! I've cut the use of chemicals in my skin/hair care down to a bare minimum. Since I've started using more natural ingredients for not only cleaning my body, but also my house, I can not stand the scent of scented products anymore, not even perfume! Perfume and smelling good used to be a major obsession of mine, it'd be nothin' for me to drop $100 on a bottle of perfume, in fact if it cost less than $50 I was not even interested in sniffing it. Nowdays, chemical scents just turn my stomach, even walking down the laundry aisle at the grocery store is enough to gag me. I still like to wear scents but on most days that equals just a drop of lavender or patchouli essential oil in my bathwater. I had a rock of amber years ago, its a resin that you rub onto your skin, it smells so warm and good and it lasts for hours on your skin.
A month or two ago, I started using a topically applied progesterone cream for some hormonal imbalances that seem to have come upon me hard this past summer. I started thinking if I rub this lotion on and it is absorbed into my skin, with really good effects, what else am I applying to myself that is absorbing in but with bad effects? Have you ever really thought about that? There are lots and lots of medicines that are now available in patch form. Our skin absorbs what we put on it, for good or for bad. Ever read the back of a lotion bottle? Are all those chemicals really something you'd want absorbed into your body? If I don't want to eat it, I don't put it on my skin. Shampoo is the only thing I am left using that I've not been able to find a good chemical-free substitute for, but I'm still looking!!
Come on, big brown truck, where are you????

image courtesy of here
No comments:
Post a Comment