I'm making some changes here on Chez Moi. Most obvious so far is the appearance. Not as obvious, yet, is going to be the content. School will be back in session here soon. Public schools start back up the week of August 13. That's so stinkin' early, IMO. Our little home school usually doesn't begin until the Tuesday after Labor Day. We are co-oping with a couple of other families this year and it looks like we're going to be starting a little earlier than Labor Day but I don't think it will be as early as the public schools.
I am going to be using this blog then mostly for keeping track of our studies. We don't use traditional textbooks and sometimes it gets hard to keep track of everything we've done throughout the year. Especially if a person is as scatter-brained and distracted as me. So, I'm hoping if I use the blog as a daily "what we did in school today" log, then at the end of the year, I'll have everything in one, neat and tidy, easily accessible place. We shall see.
Eldest son graduates in the spring. I am going to have to come up with a transcript for him. I have 3 or 4 Rubbermaid totes full of the past 3 years worth of schoolwork. I swore to myself that I would sit down with them, THIS SUMMER, go through it all and put together a transcript. That hasn't really happened. Yet.
Less about me and my own self-absorbed naval-gazing and more educational record-keeping and just exactly what we do (or don't do) around here all day.
1 comment:
I like the idea of using this as a record keeper. You always amaze me with what you can come up with! Here's to another successful year homeschooling! You go, girl!
Post a Comment