Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday Morning In June

Its quiet here now. 3 of the 5 of us are still sleeping. I'm on the computer (obviously) and so is Son#2. He's the early riser of my 3 boys. The other 2 can sleep in as late as I'd let them, but #2 is always up by now and usually earlier. I've got a couple more minutes to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet, then I've got to get up and at it.

I've got company coming today. My parents will be here in 2 hours and my sister and her family are coming later this afternoon. Son#2's 16th birthday is on Tuesday and they are all traveling here today to celebrate it with him! My sister will be staying the night with us! They are bringing their tent and camping out in our backyard. We put our tent up last night and my boys will be "tent neighbors" with them. "Tent Neighbors", isn't that just the cutest thing! My 4 year-old nephew came up with that one. It was his idea to camp out at his "Auntie Some's" house and be "tent neighbors". Yes, he calls me "Aunt Some". Long story. My boys call my sister "Eena". Not Aunt Eena, just Eena. Aren't nicknames fun!

We are a big nick-namey family. Everybody 'round here has a nickname of some sort.
Son#1 is officially named Andrew Raymond
He gets called-
Andy
And
Drew
Andy Ray (that was mostly when he was a baby. I would sing his name to him and make him giggle)
Tiger (mostly by Eena)
Bubsie (by me, explained below)

Son#2 is officially Alexander Thomas
He's called
Alex (90% of the time)
Al
Lexi

Son #3 is Jonathan Eric
He goes by Eric because Jonathan is also his fathers name.
When he was little (and I'm talkin' little,little) #2 started calling him AirBear. Which we all immediately shortened to "Bear". He went by Bear for years. Until he started school, then he hated it and refused to answer to it. We still call him that on occasion. :) He still answers to it too! :)
"Schmoo" still pops up occasionally. Anybody else remember "Schmoo"? A cartoon character from the early 80'?

I won't even begin to list all the names the boys call each other. Some of 'em aren't fit to print! :)

Even the pets are nickname-
Tootsie gets called
Toots
Tooters
Pooters (rhymes with Tooters)
Sputnick
Puppers
Babe-ers
and sometimes "Hey, Stinky" mostly when she needs a bath.

Chrissy also goes by
Chris
Chrissy-dum-dum
Fluffybutt
BarrelRoll
Epi.
(Shes an epileptic dog and occasionally will have a seizure. My boys, who could probably make the Pope laugh at a funeral, started calling her Epi.)

I am mostly "Mom" to my boys and "Hunny" to my hubby. Son#1 started calling me "Mumsie" on occasion and I dubbed him "Bubsie". To my parents and my sister I am "Some".
Yes, Some.
Some.
Why? My sis is 2 years younger than me and apparently she couldn't say "Carol", it came out "Some" and I've been some ever since. Even my parents call me Some and now I'm "Auntie Some" which is one of the best titles I've ever been given!! (My sisters name is "Lynn". When Son#1 was learning to talk it came out "Eena" and she's been Eena to us ever since!)

What are some of your family's nicknames for one another?

1 comment:

Matthews Mom said...

Hi Carol! I'll share some of our nicknames for my family.
TED: honey, Ted-a-dore
RYAN: baby Ry-Ry, Ry guy, Rhino
JOSHUA: Joshie, Josh-u-weema, Weema, Weemafers, Bubba, Bubbafat,
KELLY: Kelly Belly, Kell Bell, Christina, Tina, monkey, monkeybutt
Ok, we are silly, but aren't family nicknames precious.
Love, Erica