Thursday, June 28, 2007

How many?


(image courtesy of Wikipedia)

25 adults
20 kids
Confirmed coming to our airshow party on Saturday.

11 adults
3 kids
Invited, but not confirmed.

We will have at least 45 people here at my house!

If EVERYONE shows up, thats just about 60 people!

WOW!


We live less than a mile away from the little municipal airport. Every year they put on a big airshow. The airplanes fly right over our house. Every year we invite a few people over to cook out and watch the planes from our front yard.

The first year we had about 10 people, total here. The 2nd year we had about 20-25. This year?
Dang.
I didn't know we KNEW that many people. Plus we had invited several more familys that couldn't make it.
Next year?
I think we'll just go on vacation! LOL!
:)
If you're reading this and you're coming to the party, YAY!!
We really do enjoy hosting gatherings like this.

Funny, the house we lived in before here was bigger, MUCH bigger, yet we never had anyone over. This place is tiny in comparison, its just a little-bitty 80's building-boom ranch house. This is the 5th big party we've hosted in the 3 years we've lived here. I'm reminded of the loaves and fishes bible story whenever we have partys. I ALWAYS freak out, just before our guests arrive. "Our house is too small. We don't have enough room. Do we have enough food? places to sit? Toilet Paper?????????"
Somehow the more people we pack into this little space, the more space we seem to have. I've never ran out of ANYTHING, food or TP. In fact, I always have enough leftovers to feed us for a couple of days afterwards, if not a week.

Still, I am really glad the airshow is held in July so we can all be outside. I don't think this would work if it was a Christmas Airshow!

:)

No comments: