Friday, August 6, 2010

oh, hello there...

So lately my obsession has been knitting. Knitting and knitting and knitting. Why I picked up the needles again after years of not knitting I do not know. I've been a knitting fool for the past month or so. My fingers hurt from knitting so much. I actually got one project completely finished, done,knitted, sown together, blocked and wearable. Sadly, after all that work, I think its hideous.






It is a huge,bulky,acrylic monstrosity,yes? However, it is soft and very,very warm AND it bit me with the knitting bug so badly that I went ahead and made another one. Don't have pics of it up yet because its not finished. I am happy to say that the second one turned out better than this first one and while I made it with the same type of yarn I chose a different color scheme so its not QUITE as bad as this first one here.

I also started my first attempt at knitting a lace shawl and ended up having to frog it. Currently now on my needles and almost completed is the first block of a sampler afghan that I am knitting up using 100% wool yarn.
AND not only have I discovered this beautiful and inexpensive yarn I also discovered that you can DYE IT WITH KOOL-AID!!! *swoons* This just makes my little DIY crafters heart go pitter-pat!

2 comments:

shoveltrick said...

feel free to knit some rad skinny scarves to give to your friends, or maybe try your hand at crochet and make some skinny mini granny square scarves...

just sayin.

shoveltrick said...

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/how-to/how-to-crochet-a-granny-square-blanket-067968


PRETTY