Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Rambles

My 21 YO son finally moved out. He and his partner have a nice place (so I've heard,I've yet to visit) in a nice little town about 2.5 miles from here. It's odd to have launched one child out into the world, more happy than sad though. Our children are not ours to keep and while I am a little wistful that he is grown up and on his own I am definitely much more proud of him and happy that he is starting out on his own life. Life is good, bumps, set-backs,trials, triumphs and all.

My husband will be home in about 5 weeks. Living in different states, 8 hours apart, has been one of the hardest things we've done in our marriage. I also think I can say though that it has also been one if not THE best thing that could have happened to us at this stage in our lives. After 23 years of being together I KNOW we were both taking each other for granted and maybe getting a little bored and set in our routine life together. Not anymore! I know for a fact,without a doubt, that he is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, that I am SO MUCH BETTER with him than I am without him,that I love him more now than I ever did when I was 17 years old and thought I was head over heels in love with him! lol

I am cat-sitting my eldest's little,baby male kitten and, goodlord, he is a pain in the ass. Cute as a fraking bug but OMG, little boy kittens are a ROYAL pain. At least compared to the little girl kitten that we also have living with us. It appears that even girl cats are tidier than boy cats, kinda like what I've discovered about the girl humans that live in the house compared to the boy humans! HA!

Eldest son also sold his lizard to the college girl that is currently living with us. Sorry for the stereotype, but she is a MUCH better lizard mommy than Son has been.

Our grass is growing long and needs to be mowed, even the neighbors are bitching. If I had it my way I would never,ever mow it. I would just let it grow all Summer and get all long and weedy and meadowy and I would sit on my porch and watch the bunnies and butterflies play in it while the wind made waves in the long grass.

Kinda like this-

(no this is not my yard,but I like it! image from here)


No comments: