Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Olympics
Olympic Medal winners at NBC Olympics.com!
It is probably a little-know fact about my family that is about to be reveled here for the first time in history.
We are total,devout,Olympic FREAKS. We looooooove the Olympics. Every time an Olympic year rolls around you'll find us huddled in front of the television screen glued to every second of coverage that we can find. Surrounded by TV Guides and schedules printed off the computer. We laugh, we cheer, we groan and we cry. Well, I cry every time they show a gold medalist standing on the platform with their national anthem playing, no matter what country they hail from, I tend to cry. Especially if they themselves are crying. If its a fellow American standing there, forget it, I'm done. Just pass me the tissue and give me a moment to pull myself back together. Yes, I do get called a dork a whole lot during the Olympic weeks.
We love the Olympics. In fact, we had cable hooked back up this summer mostly because we wanted all the coverage we could possible get. So this time, we have not only TV, we have CABLE tv coverage plus we also have high-speed internet with which to follow the events with. If you don't see or hear from us for the next week or so, you know where we'll be!
I really don't know why we all dig the Olympics so much. Other than hubby,none of us are sports nuts at all. Ohhhhh, I'll sit and watch the Colts play once in awhile and I don't mind keeping track of how the Cubs are doing, but for the most part watching sports just leaves me cold.
But I love to sit and watch the Olympics. I love to watch but what I really love is to hear the stories about who the athletes are and how they got there. I'm amazed at all of the incredible feats that people can push themselves to do, really, it just plain amazes me. I love how plain,ole,ordinary people who we've never heard of before become stars during the Olympics. Its just so cool. Its kinda like a Cinderella story and seriously, what girl doesn't love a good ole Cinderella story?
Pop the popcorn, make sure the tissue box is handy, here's to Beijing 2008!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My kids are very excited about the Olympics this year. They loved them last time, but they were much smaller, then ;)
They keep going "08-08-08 YAY!"
We are Olympics FREAKS too!! I am so excited to know our family is not alone. It's the only time the TV is on 24/7!! And Teddy commented that we have 2 TVs this year (the house we bought has a little 9 inch mounted in the kitchen)---So , you are now not alone in your Freakishness;)
Laverne
Post a Comment