Here's mine, anyone care to take a guess at how much this stack of books cost me? Go ahead, guess! Closest guess will win a $5 Starbucks card and if you happen to win and be someone I know in real life, I'll go have coffee at Starbucks WITH you! How's that for a prize?
I doubt there will be almost 300 entries for this giveaway, this one isn't advertised so it'll just be for those of you who visit my blog 'cause you know and love me, all 4 or 5 of you! :) Immediate family members will not be allowed to enter 'cause I think you all know how much these cost . Sorry, Sis. Sorry,boys!
The little pink planner book off to the left was bought for me by my sweet husband. That man is ALL about planning and organization,LOL!I met two ladies at the college yesterday who are also going back to school after being out for 20 years. One of them had also stayed home with her kids and then went back to school. The other gal had dropped out of high school and went back last year for her GED and now she's starting college.
Those aren't actually all of my books. I still need one more for my English class, but it was on backorder. There also is a set of computer class books that I may or may not get. All 3 of us are taking the same course and we're hoping we can get away with just buying 2 books to share between the 3 of us. Orientation is on Monday and then we all start classes the following week. I've been a nervous, grumpy wreck about this whole thing but after our visit to the school yesterday and meeting and talking to people, I'm actually getting excited, still a little nervous, but definitely excited too!
6 comments:
Oh YAY!!! How exciting!! I am so glad you met some people who you have something in common with!
Let me see...on the books. Hmmm.
I'll guess.... $215. That may be a little high :-p
My guess is $189....and let's get together and have Starbucks before school regardless....
Lindsey says $100. Nancy says $177.23.
This is fun.
Hmm...books have gone up since I was in school and something like that would have cost around 200. So, I'm gonna say 250.
Hi! This is Jennifer H. My guess is $400.
Hi There Carol,
I'll have to skip the drawing since there arent any starbucks around out here where i live. But i'm so excited for you off to college!
Peaceful weekend to you m'dear : ) Wendy
Post a Comment