Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Huh.

I've been sitting here all morning, going blog to blog and signing up for a multitude of fabulous giveaways. I love these bloggy giveaways. I've never won anything but that's ok, I love to give things away. I love to give to people. I love seeing all the comments come in and I love sending out the prizes to the winners. I know how much fun it is to get mail and I love how it makes me feel knowing that when some random stranger opens their mailbox and gets their prize, that little zingy-thrill that they get was because of me. I love that. There are givers in this world and there are takers, yes? I think I was born to be a giver. Giving,helping,making people laugh, it energizes me. I get high off of it, seriously. I had this job once, as a teachers aide in a classroom FULL of toddlers (18-36 months) that all had some sort of physical or developmental issue. It was pure chaos, just this crazy combination of absolute madness and insane joy. I walked out of work one day and sat in my van for about 10 minutes, just shaking my head and trying to "come down" before I drove home. I felt literally drunk on joy from being around/playing with all those great,goofy little kids. What can I say? I'm weird like that.

Anyhoos, I have a point and I'm getting there.

So, I'm clicking around, signing up for the giveaways and one of them asks for you to leave a comment about the most generous thing somebody has ever done for you.
*SSSSSCCCCCRRRRRRREACH*
That's the sound of my mind grinding to a halt and drawing an absolute blank. Done for me? Huh. Really? I've got nothin'. Kinda made me alittle sad. Don't get me wrong, my hubby,kids,parents always do kind,thoughtful and generous things for me, for us. And maybe,maybe someone outside my immediate family circle*** has done the same but for whatever reason, I'm just not remembering it. I hope so. I really do hope so.

Ok, enough sad pondering introspection for today.

The battery charger to our camera has finally turned up so I can get some pictures up soon. I'm dyin' to show you all the little deck my hubby made for me!

I've been prowling the cosmetics aisles at Wal-Greens like crazy recently and have found some really good products I'd like to write reviews about. My 20th High School Class Reunion is in 2 weeks!
20th!

2 WEEKS!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I found THE MOST GORGEOUS DRESS EVER MADE. It was originally priced at $199. I was able to get it online for $92 and that included shipping. Yes, I also find it hard to believe that me, Ms.El Cheapo Herself, spent almost $100 on a dress. Its so beautiful and classic though, I'll be able to wear it for the rest of my life. So anyways, THAT (the reunion) is the reason for my sudden re-interest in (and outrageous spending on) all things cosmetic. This old,grey mare, she ain't what she used to be and she's got 2 weeks to get herself all prettied back up again.

Wish me luck. :\
***If you happen to be a friend of mine(there aren't many of you, I know.) this comment is not in any way shape or form directed at you at all. I love doing things for friends,family,even total strangers, no strings attached. I do not do things for people in order to get something in return. I was just contemplating life waaayy to early this morning w/o proper coffee intake. Thank You. End disclaimer and return to regularly scheduled thinking.

2 comments:

Heather said...

hmmmm.......I'll have to ponder that disclaimer a while.....

Anonymous said...

I would love to see pics of you in your dress!!!!!!! :-D