
like grinding your own wheat!
Look what I got yesterday!!!
My very own grain mill!!!
Ooooooooh, this puppy is nice!
I made 4 loaves of bread yesterday in just a couple of hours, start to finish, grinding to eating. It is nothing less than amazing!

100% whole wheat loaves of bread, organic even, for less than $1 a loaf.
Ever read a bread label?
Want to read mine?
"Carol's Bread contains- 100% Whole Wheat flour, yeast, sea salt, olive oil, honey."
Have you ever seen a label like THAT anywhere in a grocery store?
Me neither. :(
The taste of bread made with flour that is literally just minutes old is simply amazing. Hot, out of the oven last night, it tasted almost like cake and a small schmear of butter (real butter, one does not desecrate such loaves with the likes of margarine, ew.) took it straight up over the top.
YUM!
DH had some bloodwork and other health testing done the other day and one of the recommendations he got was to add more fiber to his diet. I can't think of a tastier way to do so than this!
I bought the mill from here.
They happen to live not to far away and we were able to arrange for us to pick up the mill rather than ship it. Super,super nice people, I HIGHLY recommend them!
4 comments:
Wow Carol, that sounds SO nice!
Peaceful Day (with bread savor wafting in the air of course) : ) Wendy
You never cease to amaze me with your talent and your odd interests!! Looks really good!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooo coming to your house!!!!! Must have your recipe...or I'll just bring the butter and tea!!!
How are you doing? Are you enjoying this *finally* spring weather?
THAT IS AWESOME!!!! If I was brave enough, I'd try it! It sounds sooooo delicious!!!
Post a Comment