Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

I'm going to break the rules today and add some words to my Wordless Wednesday entry. I chose this picture in honor, in tribute and to say good-bye to a friend, Riley, the big black dog.

Riley is not our dog. He belongs to our friends. He was diagnosed with bone cancer at the beginning of the month. His owners decided to keep him happy and comfortable until that was no longer possible. That time has come. The vet will come tomorrow afternoon and end Rileys suffering.

I had more to say about Ri-Dog (one of his many nicknames), but I'm having troubles typing through my tears.

He loved the water, he loved the woods and he loved his boys.

Good Boy, Riley.
We'll miss you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are doing the right thing, no matter how hard it is, it shows how much they truly love him.

wendybirde said...

Hugs Carol...this is so hard. Its hard to even say goodbye to an animal you love when you are simply going away, i remember this dog i fell in love with in British Columbia where i'd been taking care of her for the summer when housesitting, broke my heart when it was time for me to leave her and return to the US. But its so much harder to say such a bigger goodbye, and knowing the suffering she is going through. I hope she will be going to great comfort and joy soon, and that you will now have an extra little furry gaurdian angel up there now watching over you...

Peaceful and Healing Week, Wendy

Catherine said...

How awesome...and green! I love the outdoors. When is winter ending??

I came via the Small Is Beautiful links from last Saturday - its good to meet a fellow "member" and nice to meet you! :)
catherine

Catherine said...

I'm not sure if my last comment went through, but if it did I want to apologize! My browser window had automatically scrolled down so all I saw where the bottom two pictures and not the text...so I didn't know the sadness the pictures told.

Grace and peace to you.