We all took a day off yesterday (Hubby included) and headed off to UP mall where we met up with a friend (I don't want to call her my oldest friend, 'cause while she is older than me shes not OLD-old, we've been friends with her and her family for 12 years this month and that's the LONGEST/Oldest friendship I've ever had, not counting my marriage.) and her 4 kiddos.
Her 3 girls are 20,18,15 (and she has an 11yo son) and my guys are 18,16,15. We met them 12 years ago via homeschooling, did co-op together, did church together. Its pretty cool when the ENTIRE family can be friends together. So there we are in the mall, 3 adults, 7 kids, during the day. We had lunch with at the food court (mmmmmmmmmm, orange chicken!!) and then let the kids loose in the mall. It.was.a.blast! We all ended up in Hot Topic, of all places! I'm busting a gut laughing at this big gang of homeschooled teens in Hot Topic. I'm thinkin' we're gonna get kicked out of the homeschooling community for this one. Shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone, K? LOL!
I wished I'd had a camera and taken a picture of 6 kids just DIGGING through the clearance racks, looking for bargains, trying stuff on, my boys getting opinions from the girls. Son#1 ended up buying a shirt. It was a freakin' size SMALL. He's so proud of himself for getting into a small. I can only dream of having the metabolism of a teen-age boy!
Next store I went into was Sephora. I loooooove Sephora. I would work in Sephora for free if they would let me. I'm friends with the 18yo daughter so I take her in there with me and have her do my makeup. She's done drama and stage make-up for years, plus shes got a CRAZY sense of style. She ends up in shimmer peacock blue eyeshadow and coral lipstick and ends up lookin only as beautiful as an 18yo girl can in colors like those! I ended up with more black eyeliner on than I wear in a year, no maybe two years and a palepalepale pink/beige/white lipstick, kinda of an 1960's meets the Undead look. Even son#1 ended up walking out of there wearing black eyeliner. LOL! (ok, now we are REALLY going to be kicked out of homeschooling!)
PICTURES. We so should have taken pictures. I am just kicking myself for not having my camera with me!
We let the kids loose to terrorize mall employees for awhile so the parents could sit down and rest our feet. There was a lady at a kiosk doing eyebrow threading for $10. Since my brows have not been tended to since Oct and I was beginning to resemble Groucho Marx, I sat down in her chair and had them done. In case my dear readers do not know what eyebrow threading is, it is a technique of hair removal using thread instead of wax or plucking. It stung alittle bit, but compared to waxing, piece of cake! The lady did an amazing,amazing job. Since my 18yo friend fell in love with India this summer on a mission trip, she immediately hit it off with the lady and started chatting with her about all things Indian. A very cultural and beautifying experence I had for only $10 plus tip!
This is getting long and my fingers are getting tired so I'll have to leave the 2nd part of our day for later. You won't want to miss the 2nd installment in which I tell of our adventures at Sam's club and of how two of my boys ended up pushing 2 of the girls around the store in 2 shopping carts while the girls waved like Queen Elizabeth at passers-by.
1 comment:
boy, it sure sounds like you had a good time! too bad that you are getting kicked out of the homeschooling community. hot topic? what were you thinking? :) LOL!!!
can't wait to hear about the sam's club adventure!
Post a Comment