Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

I've been battling a terrible cold/sinus infection the past couple of days. Its been miserable and I've not been sleeping well at all. It seems I can barely formulate a sentence these days let alone try and compose a complete blog post.

However, I do want to direct you to this post over at Footprints on the Fridge.
It is a must read, I think.




Today the Church celebrates the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, our Lady's greatest title. This feast is the octave of Christmas. In the modern Roman Calendar only Christmas and Easter enjoy the privilege of an octave. Before the Calendar was reformed this was the Feast of the Circumcision of Our Lord.

"Mary, the all-holy ever-virgin Mother of God, is the masterwork of the mission of the Son and the Spirit in the fullness of time. For the first time in the plan of salvation and because his Spirit had prepared her, the Father found the dwelling place where his Son and his Spirit could dwell among men. In this sense the Church's Tradition has often read the most beautiful texts on wisdom in relation to Mary. Mary is acclaimed and represented in the liturgy as the "Seat of Wisdom." — Catechism of the Catholic Church 721

Information on the Solemnity of Mary copied from Catholic Culture.org

1 comment:

wendybirde said...

Happy belated New year Carol : ) My time online is so bizarre, it seems to come in like once a week or so lately and then i jump in, but then theres a big gap again before its back.

I hope the siunses are better. A remedy i found that works SO well is inhaling lavender and tea tree oils together.

Sending this quick while signal is still in ...

Peaceful Week : ) Wendy