We are having quite a snowfall here today. Supposed to get up to a foot between Midnight tonight and afternoon tomorrow. We went out walking in it tonight after dark. I can't think of too many things I love to do more than walk through falling snow at night! Its just so quiet. All sounds are muffled but the sound of the wind and your shoes crunching through the fallen flakes. Our doggies had such a good time too! We let them walk off leash with us since there was no-one else around. They were so happy and excited, they just ran and ran and ran in big looping circles around us! Even they love the snow!
Hubby had the genius idea to go out and get us all Blizzards to eat, in the blizzard! He bought himself a 4 wheel drive vehicle last winter and loves to go out and play in it when the roads get bad.
Son#2 and I actually braved a trip to Wal-Mart this afternoon. It was pretty packed! They had plenty of cash register lines open though and everyone seemed to be in a pleasant and cheerful holiday mood. I have enough milk and supplies now that I don't have to venture out again for several days, unless I want to go out. There is a big difference to me between HAVING to go out in the snow and WANTING to!
I will need to make at least one more trip out shopping before Christmas arrives. Just a few more small gifts to purchase for the kids and the makings for our Christmas dinner. We'll be spending Christmas eve and part of Christmas Day out of town but I want to be home in the afternoon so I can fix the 5 of us a special Christmas Night supper and then have our gift exchange, just the 5 of us.
I'll be fixing Cornish Hens for each of us, thought the kiddos would get a kick out of having there own little bird. I also found a really yummy looking recipe for a Yule Log cake. Its no-bake made out of choclate cookies, whipped cream and Grand Marnier YUMMY! I've never made Cornish Hens nor Yule Logs before, so this might be a challenge to my culinary skills!
2 comments:
Wow are you getting fancy for Christmas dinner, yummy. Finace and i will probably keep it simple. I love the thought of walking through the snow though, its one of my favorite things, though we dont get much here. Moonwalks are pure magic, and so is sunrise time on the snow, mmmm. Well, peaceful Sunday m'dear ; ) Wendy
YUMMY!! I would love to have your recipe for Yule logs!
Tea anytime?
Miss ya!
Post a Comment