Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after

I survived another Christmas holiday. It actually went fairly well. I'm just glad it's over for another year and things can get back to my normal routine. I don't like it all that much when my normal routine is upset.

Its not that I mind Christmas so much. If I could celebrate it the way I would like to celebrate it, I would enjoy it so much more. Its gotten quite abit easier since MIL passed away. I don't mean that meanly. Trying to celebrate Xmas between my family and DH's family was hard. Since MIL died, we've really lost touch with Hub's side. Sad, so sad for him. It brakes his heart every year that no-one remembers us or tries to keep in contact with us. BUT, it does simplify things. I just have MY parents to deal with.

Our visit @ my folks went well. I was so very glad to come home though. I had some pretty nasty anxiety to deal with on the drive home though. It is a 2 hour drive home. My anxiety upsets my stomach and as we started our drive home, I got the usual stomach pains from having to be in the car. When my stomach cramped up, I thought to myself "oh my gosh, its Xmas day. NONE of our usual bathroom stops will be open today. WHAT IF I HAVE TO POO????!!!!!" That started the whole circle of anxiety in my head, which of course, cramped my stomach up even more despite the fact that I was prepared and had taken plenty of Imodieum to ensure a non-eventful travel.

I had some stressful moments. I took some Rescue Remedy. Took 2 more Imodieums. I prolly won't poo for a week now. I did some EFT tapping, undercover though, I didn't want comments from DH or the kids as that would make things worse, not better. I finally ended up picking up one of my dogs (who go everywhere with us) and sitting her on my lap and petting her and talking to her for awhile. Doing that helped me to finally calm down and we both fell asleep.

We had our own family gift exchange and it was lovely. The kids did such a good job in picking me out exactly what I wanted. I like what they got me more than anyone else's gifts. They gave me-
A pink travel coffee mug
$20 barnes and noble gift card
$10 starbucks gift card
a Miquelrius notebook (JOY OF JOYS!!!! I LOVE these notebooks!!!)
and they had $13 cash left over so they just gave that to me to spend on myself.

DH gave me a gift certificate for a one hour massage with my favorite massage therapist
and he made up his own gift certificate for the promise of a weekend away at a bed&breakfast up along the lakeshore this spring.


This week in between Xmas and New Years has always been one of my favorite times of the year. Its usually calm and uneventful. The insanity of Christmas has passed, the old year is winding down but the new year hasn't started yet.

No comments: