Saturday, September 8, 2007

Hello again!

'Tis nice to be back! Lots of things going on in my household (as usual), so I really don't know if I'll be able to keep up with the blogging or not. We shall see. I do enjoy writing and I do enjoy blogging. Its just one of those things that fall by the wayside when one is busy running a home and taking care of a family.

Its been an interesting summer. The summer went by in such a whirlwind of activities, I was really hoping that once school started and we got into the whole school-time rhythm, things would slow down and I would once again be on top of things and feeling strong,capable,competent and in control. HA!!!

Things haven't slowed down, and I still feel like I am a day late and a dollar short. However, now that we have formally started our studies, our days and weeks have a nice rhythm to them and I (kinda) know what to do next and what to expect.

At the start of summer, I was having a little bit of a snit-fit with God. I'd been pretty frustrated and, I'll just go ahead and say it, angry at the way some things had been going. I finally just went ahead and told Him how I felt, and it wasn't pretty, it wasn't nice, it wasn't pleasant. I figured God knows how I'm feeling anyways and I'm sure He is big enough to handle my temper tantrum, even though we all know that a proper Christian woman isn't supposed to have temper tantrums and be not pretty, not nice and not pleasant. So, I get alone and I just go ahead and through my fit and gripe and bitch and carry on, rant, rave, cry, sob, blubber till the snot runs right outta my nose.

At the end of my rant, I end with this, "And I am NOT doing ANYTHING, ANYTHING. I'm just going to sit here in this house and ROT. If YOU want me to do something than YOU are just going to have to send people knocking at my door."

Know what?

He did.

A week or so later, my across the street neighbor rings my doorbell. She needs someone to drive her daughter and some other neighborhood children to orchestra class 2 X a week. I wasn't going to. I felt alittle putout by her asking, but then I remembered my prayer/rant. EEP!

The rest of the summer goes past, fairly un-eventfully until last week. Here comes my next-door neighbor as I'm sitting out on my front porch on evening, minding my own business, reading a book. Her baby-sitter quit and she needs a new one. Would I be interested?
Oh boy.
I talked it over with my family, just to make sure they all agreed that it was the right thing to do, then I told her, we'd do it.
Soooooo, starting Monday morning, we'll be caring for her 18-month old, darling little boy. I'm actually really looking forward to it. He's a very nice baby. I think it will do us some good to have all of that toddler energy in the house!

This whole baby-sitting idea got me thinking. I've always wanted to go into some sort of teaching/education job. I've always wanted to have my own business. If all goes well watching the neighbor-baby, I'm thinking of (eventually, probably after my own boys are on their own) starting up my own little day-care business. I love kids. I've always dug hanging out with kiddos more than grown-ups actually. I've had lots of people tell me and pray over me that my gift/calling/ministry is with children. So, we shall see. This time I am NOT asking God to send them knocking at my door!!!

Not yet anyway!!!!

No comments: