Monday, August 13, 2007

Menu Plan Monday!!




We did something new with menu planning this week. We planned for two entire weeks rather than just one. DH and I went shopping together SANS children and drug home about 2 tons of food. Not only did we plan and shop for 2 weeks with of menus, we cooked as much of it as we could and froze it.
Oh man, this is THE best thing we have done in a long time. I don't have "whats for dinner" hanging over my head for TWO WHOLE WEEKS. Here's the meals, in no particular order.

  • Baked Ziti
  • Spaghetti with Meatballs
  • Marinated Chicken for the grill (1 batch Lemon Pepper, 1 batch Lime Chipolte)
  • Indian burger
  • Steaks on the grill
  • Pork Steaks for the grill
  • Beef with spinach
  • Pizza
  • Brats
  • Sausage/Rice Casserole
  • EZ Cheezeburger Pie
  • Lazy Womans Cabbage Roll Casserole
  • Beef Stew
  • Grilled Burgers
  • Fajitas

Lots of grilled food options. Its been hot,hot,hot here and its not supposed to cool down for awhile. DH and sons loooooove to grill and I looooooove to let them do it! It keeps the kitchen nice and cool and clean.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your menu has my mouth watering, I must say!

Anonymous said...

The grill is getting lots of use here too. My hubby is much better at it than I am so I am happy to let him do it! ;)