Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hair

One year ago, my hair was this long-


(i miss having it this long)

I gradually cut it until it was about collar-bone length.
Then, I got the genius idea to have this done to it-

Today it looks like this-


At least it's growing. Its been 4 months since the haircut. My hair seems to grow out more than it grows down. It just keeps getting wider and wider until it hits a certain point and then it grows downward. I didn't straighten it this morning. In fact, I didn't do anything to it at the time of the pic. I need to just learn that the less I mess with my hair, the better it looks. Its not even combed out in that picture. I should never have had it cut. Never,never,never. Now I've got zillions of layers and razor cut ends to deal with. At least its long enough to put up in a bun, grant it, its a messy,flyway bun thanks to all those stupid layers and razor cut ends, but its long enough to bun up. Finally. I love me hair buns! Thats how I grew it out, bunned it up everyday and forgot about it. I did it once, I can do it again.
I am never, never,never cutting it again.
Never.
I want to die an old, grey,long-haired lady.
I'm 37. If I never cut it and if I live another 40 years or so, I wonder just how long it will get.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow you have gorgeous hair.

I donated mine about 2 years ago and it is just now growing back to how I like it. Although I started coloring it at the time too, and I have a feeling it is going to take a long time to bounce back from the torture...