Wal-Mart has 70 page spiral bound college ruled notebooks on sale for 10 cents apiece, one thin dime. Can you really still buy anything for a dime these days? I don't even want to think of the impact and effect that dime priced notebooks is having on the economy,industry and ecology. I am sure forests are being destroyed and entire races, species, ancient subcultures are being wiped out in the name of notebooks priced at one dime.
At this point, I do not care. I am in the full throes of notebook lust. 24 notebooks to a box=$2.40. 2 boxes cost me less than $5.00. I've bought 4 boxes since Sunday and just to make it even, I added 4 single, unboxed notebooks to my stash yesterday, bringing the grand total up to a fat,even,round 100 notebooks. I am battling valiantly the urge to buy yet more tidy brown boxes of unopened dime-priced notebooks. It has past the point of needing anymore notebooks and has crossed into wanting them, lusting for them, obsessing about having boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of blank, sleeping, notebooks.
One thin dime for page after page to fill, to write, to dream. Ah, the endless potential that each and everyone of those empty lines carries.
Do I have that many thoughts?
Can I spin that many tales?
Should I spill that many secrets?
Dare I dream that many dreams........?

image courtesy coloraddict.com
3 comments:
Hi Carol,
Sorry i've been so out of the loop lately...nice to see your posts too : ) And i just love the picture of this dreaming journaling girl, reminds me of my own girlhood dreams.
Viva la "notebook lust" : )
Paix,
Wendy
for you, the notebooks...for me, the scent of new crayons! Can't wait to see you!!!
Hey Carol,
I answered your comment over in the Abbey mailbox (sometimes i do it there, sometimes not). I totally understand the sensitivity with sound and stuff, and its so nice to know a co-sensitive here : )
Paix,
Wendy
Post a Comment