
It was hot one night. 10 pm, I'm slowly winding down to go to bed when one of the boys yells-
"NIGHT SWIM!!!!!!"
I look outside and see tikki-torches ablaze and a bunch of boys hittin' the water.

Doing Water Ballet

Wearing Water-Ring Sombero's

BackFlips

bottoms up!
It was 11 pm when I finally called them out 'cause I just could not keep my eyes open any longer.
They could have played in the pool for a couple more hours. I so wish I still had that kind of energy!
The pool is fun. We had to campaign long and hard for it, but now even Hubby agrees it was a good investment. I now know just how much time,effort and money go into setting up and maintaining even our little-bitty pool. Its fun though, so much fun that it hardly seems like work. Oldest son takes care of most of the pool care. He's always been a chemistry fanatic and the pool chemicals and testing and balancing seem to come almost naturally for him.
I can wake up in the morning to cloudy water, call in my "cabana boy", he looks at it, sniffs it, pulls out droppers and test tubes and bottles and containers, mixes up some concoction in a bucket, dumps it in, stirs it around and "WAH-LAAA", the next time I look, the water is pristine and sparkling again!
I'm hoping to buy a couple of those disposable underwater cameras and let the kiddos have fun taking pictures "under the sea"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment